By using www.nutrition-az.com, you indicate your acceptance of this policy documented below. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Nutrition A-Z may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including filling out forms for appointment requests, "Ask the Dietitian" and opting to receive Nutrition A-Z's newsletter. Users may, however, visit Nutrition A-Z anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information.
Personal identification information is considered strictly confidential by Nutrition A-Z and will not be sold or passed on to third parties. Nutrition A-Z adopts appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on the website.Data protection
In accordance with the new Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (nFADP) effective as of September 1st 2023 and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (FDPO), Nutrition A-Z is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our clients and visitors to our website. This Data Protection Clause outlines how we collect, use, and protect your personal information:
1. Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact Information: Name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Health Information: Medical history, dietary preferences, and other health-related information.
- Payment Information: If applicable, payment details for billing purposes.
2. Purpose of Data Processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing dietetic and nutritional services.
- Billing and payment processing.
- Communication and appointment scheduling.
- Internal record-keeping and data analysis.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
3. Data Security
We take reasonable measures to safeguard your personal data against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We implement security protocols and restrict access to personal data to authorised personnel only. At Nutrition A-Z, internal record keeping and communication takes place via encrypted HACCP compliant platforms such as HIN and Kalix.
Our EMR system "Kalix" has the primary obligation as a GDPR- and FADP compliant provider to protect personal health information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We have implemented a multi-layered security infrastructure to ensure high standards of data security, including:
1. Strong encryption: With Kalix, industry-leading encryption techniques are in place to protect your data, both during transmission and while it is stored within our system.
2. Secure access controls: Our client platform features role-based access controls, secure password policies, and multi-factor authentication options to restrict unauthorised access.
3. Data backup and recovery: Regular backups are performed to ensure data integrity and availability, and a disaster recovery plan is in place to protect your data from unforeseeable events.
4. Your rights. Under the Swiss Data Protection Laws, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to access: You can request access to your personal data that we hold.
- Right to rectification: You can request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Right to erasure: You can request the deletion of your personal data, subject to legal obligations.
- Right to restrict processing: You can request limitations on how we process your data.
- Right to data portability: You can request a copy of your data in a commonly used format.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your data for certain purposes.
When accessing our web pages, the following data is stored in log files: IP address, date, time, browser request and general transmitted information about the operating system resp. Browser. These usage data form the basis for statistical, anonymous evaluations.
This website also uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity for website operators, and provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or as far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; However, please be aware that in this case you may not be able to fully use all the features of this website.
. Alternatively, payments for consults can also be provided via an invoice sent to you directly via email.